photo has been altered to protect the not so innocent

Friday, June 8, 2012

surviving summer

it's day 2 of summer vacation and i'm not sure that i'm going to survive. so many are looking forward to long days filled with frolicking children, bbq's and good times. yes, there will be that, however the idea of spending the next almost three months, every single day all day long with my children is daunting. 

i fear that i am going to spend my days acting as a referee and or militant mother. yesterday started out with a bang. first day home from school and the breakfast bickering was well under way about an hour in. meltdowns and time outs quickly followed. 

so while many likely spent their day enjoying their children's presence all i could think about was the next time that i would be alone...august 20th to be precise. 

oh, and trying not to drink during the week is completely over-rated.

3 comments:

Rebecca/Brain-Dead Mom said...

I prefer to say that drinking during is completely under-rated. I've already made sure at least one kid is in a half day camp. I wonder if people with 1 kid have this problem or if it is 2 kids trying constantly to kill each other that is the problem.

Rebecca/Brain-Dead Mom said...

See? I am already drunk. I can't even write a comment without missing words. I actually even broke up an Ipad fight in the middle of typing. I meant drinking during the WEEK is completely under-rated. Sigh.

Jenny said...

I hear ya. My kids tend to drive each other mad so I have no idea how we are going to get through the summer. Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day.